BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday 31 May 2010

Fabio Capello, Crystal Palace and Stevie Starr

Fabio Off To Inter


With the England squad making their way to South Africa our lovely newspapers are doing what they can to unsettle the squad, hopefully they can't see the papers otherwise they will be wondering what the position is with the manager with rumours of him leaving England for Inter Milan.  The Sun newspaper have an article on their website saying Fabio wants the job because Giovanni Trappatoni says so.  There's nothing concrete there.  I say Fabio doesn't want the job but The Trap does, I don't see the Sun printing that article.  Leave the speculation until after the tournament and let the manager and his squad concentrate on the job at hand.


More Trouble At The Palace


This time tomorrow we could be one club short in the English game.  Crystal Palace could be gone.  They have been given a deadline of 3pm tomorrow to get a new buyer in place or they are no more.  Although this is a shame and you have to feel sorry for the fans the rest of football should take a long hard look here at what  has been happened here and get things in order at their clubs.  This season we almost lost Portsmouth, Cardiff City and Southend due to their debts but there are many other clubs clinging on to survival.  Clubs have to stop chasing the dream and the almighty dollar and live within their means.  If you asked any football fan what they would rather have, a debt ridden success where winding up is round the corner or mid-table mediocrity but the account is in the black I reckon I can guess where there vote would lie.


Stevie is a Starr


The first semi-final of Britains Got Talent began today and I have to admit it was OK viewing.  The act I loved was the regurgitating Stevie Starr.  I don't know how he does it, or in fact why he does it but he puts the gross into engrossing.  I would have loved to have seen him in the final to see where he can take this act.  Its my youngest sons birthday in July so if anyone has Stevie's number I'd like to book him for my sons birthday party.

0 comments: