BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Heskey, Barry And Rusty Lee

Heskey Better Than Bent, Cole etc, Not On Your Nelly


I can't work it out, really I can't.  Emile Heskey is going to the World Cup while Darren Bent, one of the top scorers in the Premier League gets to spend the summer trying to work out what he has to do to get into the England Squad, well I have the answer.  Get in with Wayne Rooney and your guaranteed to get in, how else can you explain Heskeys inclusion.  Look at his record.  58 caps, 7 goals.  Now look at these two records.  Rene Higuita, 68 caps 8 goals, Jose Luis Chilavert 74 caps, 8 goals.  Why have I mentioned these two people, well they were goalkeepers, even they have a better record than Heskey.  I feel sorry for Bent as well as Carlton Cole, to think they got excluded because Heskey links up well with Rooney is beyond a joke.


Barry Passes Fitness Test


Fantastic news I hear you shout and I also shouted that because I think he is becoming one of the first names on the team sheet but now I am confused.  It has been confirmed Barry passed the fitness test but this was then followed with the news Barry wouldn't be fit for the first group game and maybe the second group game, so what was this test, a Q&A session?  And what was the point in taking Scott Parking and Dawson to Austria.  Neither played one minute of the recent friendlies so why now just take 28 and cut the numbers down to 23.  Another faux pas from Fabulous Fabio Capello.  These two selections has made me question whether England have what it takes to win the World Cup.


Rusty Lee Alive And Well


For months now I have wondered where this 80's marvel was.  Why hasn't she been on the tele, that infectious laugh brightened up many a wintery morning back in the day.  A real treasure she was but for too long now she has been away from the screen but now I know.  She is part of a Michael Jackson tribute act.  I saw her on Britains Got Talent tonight with her son also called Michael.  For an old girl I thought she moved quite well but as Amanda Holden pointed out she looked knackered towards the end.
It was a shame she didn't qualify, would have been nice just to hear that laugh one more time.  Maybe she could have knocked up a flan or something while stutting her stuff to Thriller, a treat the whole of Britain will now miss out on.

0 comments: