BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Aussie Trotter Leaves Job For Cup Semi

The FA Cup Semi Final might have been a game to forget for Bolton Wanderers supporters but one fan who lost more than most was 50 year old Ian Wagstaff.
A life long Wanderes fan, Ian lives in Australia so getting to games is as difficult as it gets but when Wanderers made the semi final he wanted to be there.
After a long drawn out encounter to find a ticket 'Waggy' finally got his dream ticket, a chance to see his beloved club at Wembley, but there was to be a problem. He couldn't get the time of work, so he did what any other supporter would've done, he quit his job!!!
He told us "I've been a Wanderer all my life. I've watched them in every league apart from the Premier League. I told my boss I wanted to go, but he said we were too busy. I told him I was going anyway. It's not every day you get the chance to watch Wanderers at Wembley."
Unfourtunately this story doesn't have a happy ending. Ian got to see his team at Wembley but Bolton were beaten 5-0 so it ended up being a nightmare trip home for 'Waggy' who not only witnessed his side emphatically beaten but now he has to find himself a new job.
After all this though, if Bolton find themselves back at Wembley you can bet he would do it all over again.

Bolton fans was Ian Wagstaff mad for quitting his job for the semi-final or does he deserve a pat on the back for commitment, let us know your opinion.

0 comments: